Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

This is bit of an update to the previous Xbox 360 wireless controller post:
https://strangegamepads.blogspot.com/2019/06/cleaning-xbox-360-wireless-controller.html
Now I finally got my Microsoft official Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.
The Microsoft original receiver might be quite hard to come by so I suggest you grab one if you find them for cheap. The receiver works in Windows 10 without any extra drivers and it supports up to four controllers. I paid around 20 euros for this but it came bundled with another Xbox 360 wireless controller.
This is the "S" black model. As far as I can tell the only difference to the original black model is that the controller is now all black and the "home" button has nice shiny chrome finish to it. Also the text in front says XBOX 360 instead of Microsoft.
Comparison of the two models. The newer model looks much better in my opinion. I will be selling the old model since it is fully functional and now also clean.
Regarding the old controller, I did eventually glue the battery holder halves together. The tape just wouldn't do the job. I used minimal amount of superglue around the seams. In this instance superglue seems to work fine. I wouldn't apply too much force to the holder but in normal use it should hold together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning Xbox 360 wireless controller with corroded battery holder

iPega PG-9087S "Red Knight" controller for mobile phones

Steam Controller Bluetooth firmware